Sunday, November 5, 2017

A Frosty Morning Down at Little Cat Creek


Yesterday morning a friend and I headed off early in the morning for a hike at Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area. As the sun got higher in the sky, the frosty evidence of an overnight visit from Old Woman became apparent.





This was my first time at Little Cat, so I got to choose which trail we went on. I chose Chickadee Lane in the hopes of seeing some of my little winged friends and because it is supposed to be especially lovely on that part of the property. 

Chickadee Lane is pretty much like a fairy tale forest covered in moss, fungi and all sorts of different trees that goes right down to the edge of the creek. As promised, we were greeted by the trail's mascots by the dozens, as well as by other critters including a beaver, blue jays and red squirrels that seemed rather grumpy to have their morning interrupted by a pair of humans. 






Unfortunately not too far into the trail my camera announced that my batteries were dead, and of course I didn't bring any extra with me. So I didn't get to take a whole lot of photos. Weirdly though, I had enough juice in the batteries after we left Little Cat. The same thing happened to my friend with her phone. Could be a coincidence, or perhaps someone was playing a little game with us.

We do plan to go back hopefully soon, so perhaps we will have better luck next time. 

I hope that everyone is enjoying this lovely, chilly season!

Laurel 

No comments:

Post a Comment