Saturday, June 1, 2019

Time Flies When in the Otherworld

Bluebells and ferns on the Bog Trail in Knockvicar Ireland, May 2019.
I can't believe that it is June already! It definitely does not feel like a month ago that I was in the midst of such an amazing experience in Ireland. My time there was even more fleeting than since I have been back. Just like when in the Otherworld, time went by in a blink. But, to be fair, we were quite on an Otherworldly journey, those of us on that pilgrimage.

This had been my first time in Ireland, one of which I hope to be of many. It feels much thinner there than where I reside, more so than anywhere I have ever been I think. Although, I suppose the time of year and the company and purpose of being there all had something to do with that as well. Hard to say.

When asked about my time there, it has been difficult to describe most of it, as I still have so much processing to do. There were countless amazing and very weird experiences that happened, and to recount all of them, I really wouldn't know where to begin at this point.

I've said it more than once on here, but I have felt much more private over the last while about my spiritual practice. Although I think that sharing my impressions and how I remember certain things will perhaps help me process what happened to me there. I will say this much, I am sure forever changed. I know that sounds cliché, but at this point, that is the best way I can describe it.

I met really wonderful folks who shared this pilgrimage journey with me, and I also had quite a bit of time to myself. There were so many sacred places visited, of which I will share a bit about each one in individual posts, as well as other topics as they come to me.

Almost certainly there will be changes, at the very least finetuning to my spiritual practice. As well as a project that I feel called to do, once I finally figure out what that is to look like.

Fair to say that Ireland is one fucking strange and beautiful place.

***********

Some links of note related to folks who helped make this pilgrimage amazing <3

Wolves, Witches and Warbands {the actual pilgrimage}

Land Sea Sky Travel

Coru Cathubodua Priesthood

Lora O'Brien 

Jon O'Sullivan

Gemma McGowan



No comments:

Post a Comment