Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Flowers & Fruits of Lughnasadh


My observances for Lughnasadh were pretty spread out this year, although I think that at this point it is fair to say that is the usual. Lughnasadh Day was more for devotions and making offerings at home to both Macha and local spirits.




A few days later I set out to a couple of my favourite spots to do some rituals, make offerings and do some harvesting. The rest of the day was spent in the kitchen prepping for a dinner/BBQ we had with some folks to celebrate the first harvest.

I have been doing quite a bit of preserving, experimenting with some fruit and herb infused alcohol, herbal infused oils and honeys and some jams and jellies. There are some other jellies I want to make, but waiting patiently for the fruits to ripen {looking at you crab apples and rowans!}.


I hope that you are all enjoying the bounty and beauty of the season!


********* 

Sláinte!

Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment