Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Recently Hoarded Gael Pol Pretties {more artwork by Sean Fitzgerald & Tales of the Taibhsear}

From a series done on Irish witch trials, Alice Kyteler & Petronilla de Meath}
Not too long ago I had gotten some more artwork by Sean Fitzgerald {you can see previous ones that I had gotten here}. If you are into the history, folklore and myths of Ireland, or love really great Celtic knotwork, go check out his online store. He is easily one of my favourite artists, and the photos I took of the prints sent to me do them no justice.

{Another from the Irish witch trials series Florence Goody Newton}
{portrait of a scene of from Irish myth, of Medb}
Currently Sean is working with Amanda Healy on an Irish mythology tarot deck and is also working on a Celtic knotwork book. Go check out his Instagram account to stay up to date on those projects and see what else he is working on. 


Something else that recently came to me in the post was Tales of the Taibhsear, a fantastic chapbook written by Scott Richardson-Read and an equally amazing c.d. accompanying it. A collection of Scottish folk magic, music and tales, this was a must have for me. I also got a lovely print of the cover art too {by Julia Jeffrey}, which hangs on my wall now beside the two witch trial prints from Sean Fitzgerald. 

Scott Richardson-Read is the one behind one of my favourite blogs Cailleach's Herbarium, Amanda Edmiston is a wonderful storyteller, and Debbie Armour who has such a beautiful voice

No comments:

Post a Comment