Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Winter Rituals {Grianstad an Gheimhridh 2014}


On the morning of the Winter Solstice I woke up a little earlier than I have been lately to greet the rising sun. After saying a devotional prayer and leaving offerings to local nature spirits, I went back inside to get some baking and seasonal decorating done.

I got busy making a birch bark garland and seasonal candles, baking short bread and porter cake and some chocolate bark. 


Originally it was planned that I would get together with some friends for a ritual and dinner to celebrate the coming of Winter, but a few of us were feeling a tad under the weather. Instead the night was relatively quiet spent in prayer and meditation and making offerings to An Cailleach. 

I was kind of glad to open up what tends to be a hectic holiday season with a pretty laid back evening. And as it turned out, I had some time to make merry later on. ;) 


Sláinte!

Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment