Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Winter Rituals {Hogmanay 2014}


My New Years Eve was spent dealing with spiritual matters and enjoying liquid spirits in about equal measure. Before I got to that though, the house went through a pretty rushed cleaning spree and then I brought out the porter cake that I had made on Midwinter {made with a Scottish raspberry ginger beer! Yum! :D}, fudge, bannocks and other treats for both offerings and for us to enjoy. 

Once the clock struck midnight the backdoor was opened to let out all the stuff from the last year it was time to let go of {and nasties in general} and the front door was opened to welcome in the new year. After the house was sained inside and out with juniper, and a Hogmanay blessing was said, it was time for some merriment before everyone eventually toddled off to bed.


The next day I went to make some offerings outdoors, and went for a little walk to both enjoy the new snow and to see if there could be any omens could be seen for the coming year. 

I hope that you all enjoyed bringing in 2015 and wish you all the best for this year!

Laurel

3 comments:

  1. Blessed New Year to you! I love that felted cow in the first photo! Did you make that? It would be adorable on an Imbolc altar. *runs to craft supplies*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I got the coo over on Etsy at Running With Felt {she's across the pond, but thankfully ships internationally!} https://www.etsy.com/listing/215281897/hairy-highland-coo-he-must-have-shifted?ref=shop_home_active_6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! The adorable coo caught my eye as well! :)

    ReplyDelete